website









Great pics of cornholes and other useful wood products for your home and garden.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mother's Day May 8th

A week from this Sunday is Mother's Day, May 8th.

It is May already?

I saw a comic strip in last Sundays News-Herald with a real nice punch line. It was a sequence with the son growing up before his parents eyes and the mom said "the days were long, but the years were short". Maybe funny, but I took it to heart.

My wife and I watch our grand kids, both girls, a couple times a week, and by the end of the day, our knees get tired and our eyes search for a brighter light to read to them. We play hide-n-seek, or puzzles or coloring. Or, if its nice enough, we will run around a little outside and burn off some energy.

The girls will be five and seven this summer, and it still seems like just yesterday we were celebrating them coming into the world.

Being with them makes me think back. Back to my days as a kid going non-stop all day long.

The sound of mom's voice calling me for dinner from a long day hide-n-seek, or puzzles or coloring.

And that too, seemed like just yesterday.

Remember Mom everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment